Effective: October 1, 2020
Personal information we collect :
- Information That You Provide: We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you use our website, call us on the phone, shop in our stores, create an online account, sign up to receive our emails, communicate with us via third-party social media sites such as Facebook or Twitter, request customer support, apply for a job or otherwise communicate with us. Providing your Personal Information to us is voluntary, however, if you do not provide some or all of the information we request, we may not be able to provide you with certain products, services or information. The types of information you may provide directly to us include, but are not limited to your name, shipping address, billing address, zip or postal code, telephone number, email address, birth date, credit card or payment information, product and communication preferences, family members, demographic information, or any other information that could be used to contact you or any other information that you may choose to disclose to us.
- Information We Collect Automatically: When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How do we use your personal information:
We may use your Personal Information to provide products and services and to support our business functions. For example, we may use this information for the following purposes:
- Provide, Improve, and Develop our Website.
- Provide you with better service, allow you to use our in-store and online technologies, make your shopping experience easier, more personalized, more enjoyable and more efficient
- Process and fulfill your order, including by shipping products to you, or others you designate, and sending emails to you, or others you designate, to confirm your order status and shipment and to process merchandise returns
- Communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications
- Communicate with other persons using contact information you provide, such as when you designate another person as the recipient of a gift purchase
- Provide consistent personalized services, including personalizing our advertising, marketing communications, shopping experience and promotional offers
- Administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions, Organize local community events, promotions and in-store experiences, Facilitate your ability to share information to social media
We process this information for the purpose of improving the legitimate rights and interests of our website and the user's experience, as well as under the necessary conditions to fully perform the contract with you.
Sharing you personal Information:
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Security of personal information transmission:
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet or e-mail is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect the personal information you submit to us, we cannot guarantee the security of the data you transmit to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. After receiving your information, we will use commercially reasonable procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
keep your information:
In order to achieve the purpose of collection, we will store your personal information until we provide services to you for our legitimate interests (for the above purposes) or we can comply with the law. We reserve the right to keep it within the scope not prohibited by law. We may delete personal information at our own discretion, so you should keep your own records and not rely on our storage of any personal information, content or other data.
We will review the information we hold, and when the user is no longer needed, the law or business requires us to retain the information, we will safely delete it, or irreversibly anonymize it in some cases. When we delete any information, that information will be deleted from our activity database, but it may remain in our archives.
How we protect your personal information:
- In order to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and promote the correct use of personal information obtained through our website, we have taken appropriate physical, technical, and operational measures to protect and protect the personal information we collect online from unauthorized use. Authorized access, illegal use, accidental loss, damage or destruction.
- We also use operational measures to protect your personal information, for example, by limiting the number of people who can access your membership information. Only staff and third-party service providers who need access for specific purposes (such as helping us provide services to you) can access personal information.
- We use technical measures such as password protection to protect your data and its storage system. However, the messages you send to us via the Internet or other means may not be safe. We recommend that you do not send us any confidential information via email. If you choose to send us confidential information, you bear the risk that a third party may intercept this information.
- We will try our best to ensure the security of your information when shopping. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to protect your online orders and personal information. All data transmitted between your computer and our server are encrypted by SSL and then stored on a computer that is not connected to the Web. To ensure that you are accessing a secure server, please check the bottom left or bottom right corner of the browser window after accessing the server. Continuous keys or closed locks (depending on your browser) indicate that SSL is active in your window. Certain versions of browsers and firewalls do not allow communication through secure servers. In this case, you will not be able to connect to the server, so you don't have to worry about placing orders by mistake through an insecure connection.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Your rights to personal information:
If you are a resident of the European Union, in accordance with our policies and procedures, you have the right to view, verify, correct and request the deletion of our personal information about you under certain circumstances. In some cases, you also have the right to restrict, restrict or object to the processing of your personal information. You may also have the right to request that we transfer your personal information to another party within the scope of the applicable data privacy laws. For more information about your rights, please see https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens_en.
If you want to review, verify, correct, or request erasure of your Personal Information; limit, restrict, or object to the processing of your Personal Information; or request a transfer of your Personal Information to another party, please contact us at email@example.com. To protect your privacy and security, we also will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access, making corrections, or following such a request to correct or delete your data.
When you contact us, we will reply as soon as possible within one month. If your request is more complicated, it may take longer to respond to you, but we will respond within three months after your request. Most requests do not charge any fees, but for example, if you ask us to provide a large amount of data, we may ask you to pay a reasonable management fee. We may also ask you to verify your identity before providing you with any information.
Your California Privacy Rights:
- Civil Code Section 1798.83: Under certain circumstances, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 states that, upon receipt of a request by a California consumer, a business may be required to provide detailed information regarding how that business has shared that customer's Personal Information with third parties for direct marking purposes. However, the foregoing does not apply to businesses like ours that do not disclose Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes without prior approval or give customers a free mechanism to opt out of having their Personal Information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- Rights under the CCPA: After January 1, 2020, the CCPA (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.) will provide California consumers with additional rights regarding Personal Information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly with a particular consumer or household. The categories of Personal Information we collect are generally described above but differ for individual consumers depending on the Services used by such consumers. Under the CCPA, qualifying California consumers may have the following right:
- Right to Know and Right to Delete: Consumers in California have the right to request that we disclose the personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell. California consumers also have the right to submit requests for deletion of personal information. When we receive a request to know or delete a California consumer, we will confirm receipt of the request within 15 days and provide information about how we will handle the request, including our verification process. We will respond to such requests within one month.
- Right for Disclosure of Information: Consumers in California may also request that we disclose certain types or categories of personal information we collect. In some cases, we will not provide such information, including situations where disclosure will bring significant, clear and unreasonable risks to the security of that personal information, the customer's account with us or our system or network. We also will not disclose California consumers’ social security numbers, driver’s license numbers or other government-issued ID numbers, financial account numbers, any health insurance or medical ID numbers, or account passwords and security questions and answers.
- California Do Not Track Disclosure: Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. For information about Do Not Track, please visit www.allaboutdnt.org. At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. For information about Do Not Track, please visit: www.allaboutdnt.org.
Complain to us:
If you have any complaints about our processing of your personal information, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that if you are an EU Resident, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with a European Union supervisory authority that is responsible for the protection of Personal Information in the country where you live or work, or in which you think a breach of data protection laws might have taken place. You can learn more about these rights at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens_en.
Customers in the United Kingdom can contact the Information Commissioner's Office by telephone on 0303 123 1113, or by using the live chat service that is available through the Information Commissioner's website www.ico.org.uk.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com
lightonesport Co., Ltd.
Unit 1801, Building 2, Chuangyuan Business Center, Gusu District, Suzhou City, Jiangsu Province, China, 215000
+1 818 484 0801